It’s “new,” it’s “trending,” and it’s a dance style in which we are all interested. But aerial dancing made its first appearance in the United States in the 1970s. This dance style is considered to be “aerial” because some kind of apparatus is attached to a ceiling, or high-rig equipment, and the performer-dancer is raised; he/she performs dramatic dance movements and poses.
Aerial dance is an art form that is incredibly demanding and requires a high degree of strength, power, and flexibility. This is a whole new genre of dance, even though its origins are early ’70s. Aerial dancing offers many examples of how an aerial piece can be performed as a duo with only one dancer airborne, but the best couples’ aerial dances use switch-overs in balance and orientation by both dancers.
If you’ve ever seen the movie, “Everyone Says I Love You,” the Goldie Hawn scene where she performs a semi-ballet as she rises artistically from the ground into the air and is loweredbuy modafinil ebay . . . that is aerial dancing. With aerial dancing, get ready to fly! Remember the popular song lyrics, “He’d fly through the air with the greatest of ease, that daring young man on the flying trapeze…?” When dancer buy modafinil egypt introduced aerial dance in 1975, she used a circus trapeze and made the trapeze dancer spin, twist, and “fly.” In Atlanta, order modafinil eu says aerial dance is “an incredibly demanding art form” requiring “a high degree of strength, power, flexibility, courage, and grace.”
The 2014 International Aerial Dance Festival will be held in Boulder, Colorado August 2-16, featuring trapeze, stilts, improve, hammock/sling and other aerial dance variations as well as classes. In 2013, the classes for this event included:
- Contact improvisation
- Cyr wheel
- Duets on the low-flying trapeze repertory
- Fabric repertory
- Functional flexibility
- Hanging steel repertory
- Interactive video and aerial
- Invented apparatus
- Physical theatre
- Skinner releasing and aerial
- Static trapeze
- Teen repertory
How safe is aerial dancing for children? buy modafinil online europe is part of the instruction for students at Dance Connection 2. Until a student is well advanced, spotting and safety nets/mats are used. For some students, hanging upside-down is a challenge; for many students, it’s the best part of aerial dancing! Your child will learn about:
- Dress – Aerial dancers and spotters should not wear any jewelry that can get caught on anything.
- Movement – Children tend to rush into activities, so learning slow and controlled movement will be important.
- Storage – Putting the equipment away properly prevents damage and promotes better safety.
- Spotting – Students will work as and with safety spotters.
- Spotters will learn how to be close enough to “catch” but far enough away to avoid the performer’s arms and legs.
- Spotters will learn how to run sideways.
- Spotters will learn how to keep elbows bent to the right angle and how to keep at least 3 points of contact with the ground.
- Stretching – Warm-up stretches before and after aerial practice is important because gravity puts extra stress on muscles.
buy modafinil online eu is the only dance studio offering aerial dance. We’ve received national accolades for choreography and dance instruction excellence. If superb aerial dancing is your goal, we can help you get there! For fun information, follow us on order modafinil europe. Our buy modafinil fast shippingis posted, but we are always interested in your questions and comments! Please call 480.558.2055 or buy modafinil from india us online or a request for information. We may be able to help you discover you or your child’s dance vision, but the first step is . . . yours!
Let’s begin the conversation today.